Home Forums MBA Executive MBA Will I get in?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jbmcleod03
    Participant

What should I expect in my interview?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

I was in the morning session and it went great. Very informative and I really enjoyed myself. Really liked the team type atmosphere, reminded me a lot of my work. Thanks for the info about the interview, I will keep you posted on how it goes.

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Just got interview confirmation… May 18th…3pm!

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Im not sure who I will be meeting with… My office is just 15 miles east of College Station, so I do not have that long of a drive.!

jbmcleod03
    Participant

I met with Wendy Flynn and she was real nice. Interview went well although she did tell me that having under 10 years of experience is a drawback, and my grades from my last 60 hours of course work will make me a tough decision. For the additional essay I chose to write about all the adversity I faced getting myself through school with no family and the death of my father at the start of my senior year. She said my story is compelling and some leniency will be granted for my grades considering what I went through. She said they are going to meet today with the dean and the admissions committee to make a decision and I should hear something rather quickly.

jbmcleod03
    Participant

I got word today that I did not get in. Kind of a bummer, but there is always next year.

jbmcleod03
    Participant

going to wait a couple of years and re-apply to Mays. As a former student of TAMU, Mays is my first choice.

chazutx
    Participant

JBM, interesting read although I can’t see the other person you’re replying to. I too have a similar situation where I have a VERY low GPA (2.25) and but I’ll probably do the regular MBA via part-time. I’m looking to go to Bauer (univ. of Houston). I’ll probably take the GMAT and hope to get close to 700 or better…took a practice and received a 650-ish. Thoughts on my chances?

John00
    Participant

There are good opportunities in India for students who have graduated from US universities. Working professionals can look for part-time and distance MBA. Several top institutes offer executive MBA for those with work experience.

JenCook
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by jbmcleod03

What should I expect in my interview?

It really varies depending on the interview process. In my experience, candidates usually prepare for the interview as if they were applying for a position, and the interviewer can often treat it as a chance to test your creativity and ability to think on your feet.

You can be sure they’ll ask you about your current career, skills, and plans for the future. They’ll be looking for leadership qualities, possibly plying you with scenarios and hypotheticals that you’ll have to answer articulately and in detail. Don’t expect to skate by on vague, business-y sounding answers. They’ll see through it in a second.

Good luck!

Jennifer Cook
    Marketing Associate
    Strayer University

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.