Home Forums Law School Admission Admissions chances at top five schools…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cason_clements
    Participant

I was wondering if I should apply to top five law schools…I just got my LSAT score and it was a 174! Woo hoo! I have a 3.56 GPA. Does this mean if I submit my application to top five schools I will be put into a “we’ll think about it” category? Just wondering.

Thanks,
    Cason

P.S. Is University of Chicago a possibility? I have four years of public service (high school English teacher) work experience also.

calce
    Participant

Way to go, Cason. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I say go for it, you are blessed and everything that you step your foot into,is ordered by God. Go for it, you can get what ever you want!

If I may ask, how did you prepare for the LSAT?

Guess I will be saying Cason Clements, Esquire soon!!!
    CA

quote:

Originally posted by cason_clements

I was wondering if I should apply to top five law schools…I just got my LSAT score and it was a 174! Woo hoo! I have a 3.56 GPA. Does this mean if I submit my application to top five schools I will be put into a “we’ll think about it” category? Just wondering.

Thanks,
    Cason

P.S. Is University of Chicago a possibility? I have four years of public service (high school English teacher) work experience also.

CA

cason_clements
    Participant

Thank you so much…I originally thought the e-mail notification of my score was a sick joke from a friend!

How did I prepare? I studied for about three months straight, taking real tests all the way through, no breaks, timed, the works…

It really became very natural. I took a test every other day. And I started to enjoy taking the tests–I almost miss the studying–well, maybe not…

That’s really it…I didn’t pay for a prep course or anything, but I did raise my score from the 161-163 range to a 174!!!!! And I did spend at least $300 on testing materials…

I had the most trouble with reading comp…I’m a slow reader…I tended to read too much for detail and had to really watch myself there. I summarized each paragraph with a couple of notes after reading each paragraph–this really helped with overall structure questions and helped me locate details a lot easier.

I think all you really have to do is just pay attention to every single word written-ha! Easier said than done.

Well, once again, thanks! I am just glad that working my ASS OFF paid off!

Good luck!

Cason

vakis
    Participant

Congratulations Cason!!!

I appreciate the advice on LSAT prep and I wish you all the best. If I were you I’d apply to some top 5 law schools. Why not? Go for it! [;)]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.