Home Forums College Miscellaneous should i join community college?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  taruns 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dishabhatia
    Participant

hi admission board,
    i have recently cum to maryland from india with an immigration visa.though i want to join college at the earliest but i cant do so,coz i havent taken my SAT1 as yet,which is due for 9th oct,2004.
    mean while i want to join community college so that i dont waste any time further,coz i have already completed my Ist year at college but i am unsure whether i credits are transferable or not.my ques. is that it is advisable to join a community college ,can i get my credits tranfered by doing a course at a community college,also do the community college provide short term courses for like 2-3 months or so?
    i am new to d americanvadmission process n i need help desperately.pls. tel me how to proceed
    thx

y82benji
    Participant

Follow this link and repost your question using “Reply to Topic” (DO NOT USE “New Topic”). I would recommend using fewer abbreviations in your post.

Students apply to college the fall before the fall in which they would begin their studies at that college. The SAT I is an important part of the application. However, I don’t know if the scores from the October 9, 2004 SAT I will arrive early enough for you to apply in this fall’s application cycle. If they did and you applied now then you would not entire college until next fall (Fall 2005). If you are not in school now, you would benefit from taking community college courses because many if not all should transfer to the institution you would begin studies at in Fall 2005. The courses you would want to take would be semesterly courses (for instance, the fall semester would last from September until mid-Decembe).

y82benji
    Participant

Sorry I forgot to included the link I told you to follow… here it is:

http://www.admissionsboards.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20&whichpage=5

taruns
    Participant

Only do community college if you can’t get in anywhere else or can’t afford to go anywhere else. Credits don’t transfer and the quality of the education sux.

taruns
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by taruns

Only do community college if you can’t get in anywhere else or can’t afford to go anywhere else. Credits don’t transfer and the quality of the education sux.

Forgot to mention that you hsould not attend a school that advertises with catchy jingles on TV.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.