Home Forums MBA GMAT GMAT Plans to Attract More Indian Undergraduates

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

The Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC), which administers the GMAT, has announced it is seeking to increase the number of undergraduate students in India who take the GMAT.

We have seen some evidence that standardized test taking skills begin to gradually decline after students have completed their formal educations. However, we don’t think it’s a good idea for too many undergraduate students to suddenly invest a lot of their time and money to take the GMAT at such an early stage.

For starters, the score is only valid for 5 years. If you take it too early, the score may not be valid if/when you decide to go to graduate business school. Some post-MBA career fields benefit from having more pre-MBA work experience. Plus, some young professionals may ultimately decide they don’t need an MBA. (Imagine if you found yourself on the ground floor of a hot new start up that morphed into the next Facebook or Google.)

The MBA should be viewed as a ‘one-time shot,’ i.e. don’t undertake it until you are pretty certain you know what you want to do with your career. Often times this means you do not yet know which tier of MBA you will need to achieve your career goals and, hence, you will not know what GMAT score you need to reach. And, of course, it also means you may not be ready for an MBA too soon after undergraduate.

If you want to schedule a complimentary session to discuss your GMAT preparation strategies, please don’t hesitate to contact us to arrange it. If the GMAT is indeed in your future, it’s way too important to screw up!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

http://www.admissionsconsultants.com/mba/blog.aspx

LIMITED TIME SPECIAL! Order our new business school guide from Amazon.com and deduct $25 from any of our services!

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

facebook_badge.gif

twitter.jpg

youtube.png

pinterest-Abds5.png

google-logo-abds.png

newsletter_button.jpg

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the insight! I’ll pass this on to my friends!

VitaminC
    Participant

That test is expensive for western citizens and even more so comparatively for Indians. I hope they realize not to take it until they want to go to business school and within the 5 year limit.

torontoinnewyork
    Participant

When does it not come back to money?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.