Home Forums Graduate School Admission Switching field

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • #25734

    I have done mu Under Grad in Civil engineering and am working for 2 years now in a construction company.
    I want suggestions in case I want to switch over to computers science or electrical and computer engineering. I have 2 projects – one in computational solid mechanics and another Geographical Info Systems – both are kind of civil related.
    I am planning to start applying to American Univ this month.
    Suggest me of options-whether its advisable to directly apply to the dept of computer science or start off with an admit in civil engineering, and then progressively take up more electives in computers while studying.


    Hi and welcome to Admissions Boards!

    If you want to pursue computers, I would encourage you to just start with the dept of computer science since that’s where it sounds like your interests are.

    Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.