Home Forums Medical School Admission Low GPA – Any Chances?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

4thefuture0101
    Participant

I am currently in my senior year of biology, undergraduate studies and due to a few unforeseen circumstances in my first two years, my undergraduate GPA is completely shot.
    Currently: 2.7 GPA (roughly)

My passion has been health sciences since I was young, of course then, I was adamant on being a doctor. I know that it’s near impossible to reach that goal – and I’m not trying to be pessimistic. I work 30-40 hours a week (to pay tuition), in a patient care facility. I know what I want to do, and I know I’m not stupid. I just made a few stupid mistakes and I’m paying the price for it now. My GPA in my last year of university was excellent. With that being said, what are my options now?

I don’t if i should:
    1)retake courses at my current university
    2)apply for a post-bac program
    3)re-do just the prerequisites needed, at another institution, and use solely these marks to apply elsewhere (I know some educational institutions will accept based on just the necessary prereqs)

I apologize for being long-winded with the post, but any help would be very appreciated. Thank you.

mod
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I encourage you to repost this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. Be sure to click “Reply to Topic” and not “New Topic.”

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.