Home Forums Medical School Admission Low GPA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

JenBDeacon
    Participant

I am a female graduate from an excellent, very difficult school with no grade inflation. I had one of the higher GPAs of anyone in my premed group (almost everyone else had to long drop out) but still only pulled a 3.30 which was not at all reflective of my work, IMO. I also had to take a full time job at the same time. I took my MCATs and had a 34 on that which was in the top 10% for that particular test. I am applying to US medical schools and am still “on hold” at all of them and have only had one real interview so far. Can anyone make a recommendation on what I should do next if I don’t get in anywhere this cycle? I don’t want to waste years getting additional degrees if I don’t have to and am currently doing medical related research at a prestigious institution.

mod
    Keymaster

Hi JenBDeacon and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I see that you have already posted this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread and I am confident they can give you a much better answer than I can.

Best of luck with your med school admissions!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.