Home Forums Graduate School Admission GRE score

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tofayel 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

smoauro
    Participant

Hi Admissions Consultant,

I am curious as to whether my GRE score is sufficient or should be retaken. I am looking to apply to top International Development programs (GW, American, NYU). Here are my stats:

GRE (taken in 2009): V: 590 / Q: 730 / AWA: 5
    Undergrad: University of Illinois, 3.92 BA International Studies, Development Studies with honors distinction (Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa)
    Math/Econ: Calculus & Econ Stats at Junior College; Principles of Micro & Macro Econ, Intermediate Micro Econ at U of I
    Work Experience: Lived 2 years in Argentina, 1+ year teaching English & doing business research, 4 months internship with local development NGO
    Language: English native, Spanish fluent, Portuguese low intermediate

My GRE scores are around the 80% percentile, which is within the averages of the people in the programs. However, I’m worried that my verbal is quite low and not competitive enough as I only have some work experience. I only casually studied the first time around, so I believe that I could score higher but am worried as I have been out of school for 2 years. Is retaking the test advisable or risky with my present scores?

Thank you!

Tofayel
    Participant

You are looking to apply to top International Development programs. So it will wise retaking GRE.

graduate school

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.