Home Forums College Admission Pre-Pharmacy at Drake

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

krar4
    Participant

My son is going into his senior year in high school. He currently has a 4.2 weighted GPA (3.59 unweighted), and a 28 on the ACT. He has been taking ACT review courses this summer, and is scoring in the 29-31 range on all areas of the test, so we’re hopeful he can improve his ACT score. Additionally, he will graduate with about 375-400 volunteer hours between working as a Jr. Camp Counseslor at our park district, working at up to 3 hospitals in a summer (3 summers going back to jr. high), and serving on a youth board of directors (including being elected to an executive board position this year). He also recently received his Pharmacy Technician license, so he has been volunteering in a Walgreens pharmacy this summer. He also plays 2 varsity sports, sang in choir, has been a member of Key Club all 4 years, and was nominated to NHS his junior year. Will he have any trouble getting into Drake University’s Pharmacy program? Also – Can you tell me other strong pharmacy programs that he should consider, based on his resume?

Thanks in advance!

mod
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I encourage you to post this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread (be sure to click “Reply to Topic” and not “New Topic”) for a better answer than I can give here.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.