Home Forums Graduate School Admission Seeking advice for graduate school

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    damusda
    Participant

Hello AdmissionsConsultants,

I’m currently an undergraduate student at the University of California Merced and will be applying to graduate school (economics ph.D) for fall of 2012. So far my GPA is a 3.05, with a 3.5 in the last 60 semester credits and 4.0 in my major of economics. My GRE verbal is 580, Quantitative 800, Writing 4.0. I do have over 1 years work experience, but it doesn’t really apply to my major, also I have done some undergraduate research although not in the U.S. By the time I’ve graduated I’ll have completed up to Calculus II, and will be taking linear algebra & differential equations the semester before I enter graduate school. However, I won’t be able to complete the courses and won’t have the grades yet when applying.
    Given my current situation is there a chance of me getting accepted to any economics ph.D program in the U.S? Or would a masters to ph.D route give me better chances? Thank you for your time

Henry Hu

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Henry and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I see you posted this in the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread and Heather has already replied. (She’s far more knowledgeable than me and I don’t really have anything to add to what she said.)

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.