Home Forums MBA Admission Harvard 2+2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MrK322
    Participant

Hi, first off I’d like to say how glad I am to have finally found this site. I say finally because, as with a lot of other web resources, there’s a lot detailed and attractively presented opinions posing as expert advice. I can already tell that this is different!

Here’s my profile:

Male/30

State school GPA (1998-99): ~2.5 (<30 credits)
    Community College (2007-09): 3.9
    Ivy League College: (2009-present): 3.92

ECs (CC): Editor-in-chief of school paper, VP College Dems, research with sociology professor (published), math tutor, math TA

ECs (current): Launched and was first editor-in-chief of a new campus publication, launched a non-profit oriented consulting firm (still acting as director), debate team, fraternity (executive board), intramural athletics, orientation leader, junior class marshall at graduation, etc

Awards: Coca-Cola Scholar, All USA Academic Team (featured in USA Today), numerous service awards

GMAT: N/A (haven’t taken it yet)

Rec letters: both the president of my community college and the dean of my current college have offered to write letters on my behalf. My current dean does teach undergraduates and he’s had me in one of his courses.

Work experience: Even before returning to school, I was able to work my way up to benefits administrator of a mid-sized company. From payroll clerk, I grew to manage the medical/dental and 401(k) benefits for the entire company.

Assuming I can score well on the GMAT, can I hope to be a competitive candidate at HBS 2+2 program?

mod
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I see you posted this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread and I am confident they can give you a better answer than I can.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.