Home Forums Law School Admission law school admissions

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    elpaso
    Participant

question about law school admissions:
    I am 31 years old and am now a part time professor in art history at a major university. I hold a BFA from School of the Art Instittute of Chicago (which the school is a pass/fail system so I don’t have a grade point average- noone there does but it is a known school with a good reputation amonst its’ kind) and I have an MFA from Stanford in photography with a 4.0 average and numerous academic awards.
    After I did all that, I co-founded a non-profit for women artists, and have been committed to public service.

Without getting too far into details about why I want to do this shift or how wierd it is to change gears- let’s just say I have put a lot of thought into it: I want to go back and to law school- but I want to do public interest. Also, I scored 165 on my LSAT- Ok I guess.

my question is what kind- tier or type- of school might I apply to and do well at given this history? Do you have reccomendations on how to make my application sound more ‘law schoolish’ oriented? and also will I have a shot at actual employment since all I ever hear are horror stories?

Thank you very much for your assistance- J

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Elpaso and thanks for joining AdmissionsBoards!

I don’t know where you might be competitive but you can post this to the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread and get a much more expert response. Be sure to click “Reply to Topic” and not “New Topic.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.