Home Forums College Admission Entry to Med School

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bioprodigy
    Participant

Hello,
    I am intending on applying to the Med School in the US. I have done my masters in Life Science from US, with a first author publication of my research work in one of the high impact journals. I am currently doing my PhD in Biomedical Research in a Med School, specializing in Neurosciences. However, my goal is to venture into neurosurgery and become a Physician Scientist. I had taken my MCAT two years back and my scores were Phy: 9, Bio9,Ver:6 and writing :Q. I am just not able to get beyond 6 in verbal because English is not my first language. My GPA is 3.6 in Masters and currently is 3.6. Do you think i stand any chance to enter Medical School with these credentials, considering that i am an international student.
    I will be applying for my permanent residentship in the US but it might take a while before that happens.
    Please guide me. I am doing whatever i can do make my application as strong as possible.

saurabh

mod
    Keymaster

Hi bioprodigy and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I am not an expert but I believe admission to a U.S. medical school will be a challenge with your MCAT score. I would advise that if you feel its possible, you should probably take it again.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.