Home Forums Law School Admission to hope or not to hope

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  oceansmarine 9 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

acjlaw38
    Participant

I need to know if I should even begin to get my hopes up as far as law school admission.
    As a young undergrad, I was not exactly a motivated student. I started and stopped many times, resulting in a multitude of withdrawals on my transcript. I finally quit school the summer before my senior year when I got an entry level job with a top 20company. I worked there for 15 years and had a respectable position when I decided to return to school to complete my degree.
    I was married w/3 kids under age 6 and worked full time. It took 2 years to finish my degree(switching from a math major to a sociology maj w/math minor). I did so with a 4.0 GPA.
    I’ve been a High School Math teacher for the last 4 years and had little to no time to prepare for the LSAT. My score was a 151. I thought I might have had a shot at acceptance into a lower tiered law school (there’s one a few miles from my home) until I got my LSDAS report showing a cum GPA of only 2.8.
    How heavily will my recent GPA weigh against the abysmal one from nearly 20 years ago?

Andrea

oceansmarine
    Participant

Your adjusted GPA of 2.8 qualifies you for a second/third tier law school. The law schools only want the GPA with the LSAT score. Your 151 converts to a 2.55 gpa. Your are in good shape and really should have no problems.

Advice and take it for what it is worth, do not inform them of any laps in time. They could use your information and/or data to reject you.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.