Home Forums Law School Admission Student senate involvement

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  oceansmarine 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dsilvers
    Participant

My son is entering his senior year at college and has been involved in the Student Senate; he currently is deputy pro tempore, the #3 position. He has an opportunity to run for pro tempore, the #2 position, and is confident he could win. However, he’s torn between studying for the LSAT and focusing on his grades. He also has a part-time job. So my question is, how important would this position be on his resume in terms of law school admission?

mod
    Keymaster

Hi dsilvers and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I am not an expert, but I believe that this could go either way depending on the relative strengths and weaknesses of the rest of his application.

Best of luck!

oceansmarine
    Participant

Good Morning: In having worked for LSAS/LSAC your kid’s GPA will be adjusted to a national grading scale with the LSAT score in benchmarking the candidates ability for getting thru the rigors of law school study. And with the emphasis on GPA for admissions and then LSAT score, review the schools that meet his GPA adjustments. Do not worry about the work experience.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.