Home Forums MBA International Yankee apps to INSEAD down?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ingrati
    Participant

Seems more popular to trash France than want to study there. I say apps will be down this year.

umh01
    Participant

I think Americans interested in studying overseas to begin with (and I’m not one of them) probably don’t feel the same way as the freedom fries lovers in Congress and elsewhere.

margaritagal
    Participant

No offense my American friends, but I don’t think the French are going to care if you are not well represented at INSEAD. [:X]

rapiank99
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by margaritagal

No offense my American friends, but I don’t think the French are going to care if you are not well represented at INSEAD. [:X]

SHe’s right. The French hate us far more than we hate them.

Rob808
    Participant

I am an American interested in applying to INSEAD down the road and this has much to do with my background of being born and raised overseas, and my desire to work abroad in the future. Whether the admissions committee at INSEAD will penalize me for my current occupation as a US military officer given the political tensions of the recent past remains to be seen. It is my hope of course that my application be viewed for its merits and politics would not be a consideration.

margaritagal
    Participant

Rob808: I wouldn’t worry about it. You can’t control it and I think the admissions committees are generally pretty fair and open. Good luck!

martygra
    Participant

Maybe they’ll rebound since we kissed and made up in the UN[?]

y82benji
    Participant

All things aside, I kinda believe (and I don’t know this for a fact, so there’s a chance I could be wrong), but I think there are millions of people in both the United States and France that can’t really control what our politicians do other than at elections as long as those politicians are still following their nation’s laws. I think academic institutions would take the same reflection on international applicants. I just think Americans are scared to go abroad because they don’t want to get blown up. As for whether anyone cares, I personally don’t care if there are international students at my school either. I just want smart, fun students.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.