Home Forums MBA GMAT No Math Background

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hevo36 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DannyNYC1
    Participant

I was curious if you have seen students that have been able to raise a GMAT score by 150 points or more. I just want to preface this with the fact that I have no math background whatsoever, i basically need to re-learn all geometry and algebra. However, the one thing I do have is time. I plan to take my GMAT in in July 2009. I recently took a diagnostic GMAT and my scores were 31 verbal 32 math 530 total. With a rigid study schedule do you think a 680 – 700 is out of the question?

Thanks,
    Danny

Danny

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Danny and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I am not an expert but there are certainly students who have been able to significantly raise their GMAT score, although it is not very common. I do believe that if spend a good amount of time significantly studying and taking practice tests that a 680-700 would not be out of the question.

Best of luck!

hevo36
    Participant

The GMAT is more about intimidation than hard math. Seriously, there shouldn’t be anything tested beyond basic algebra and geometry.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.