Home Forums MBA GMAT GMAT Cheaters in GMAC’s Crosshairs

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AdmissionsConsultants 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone!

Our latest newsletter is going to be published and sent out via email momentarily, but I just wanted to report that topscore.com, a website that allegedly had “real GMAT questions” has been shut down and fined $2.3 million for damages to the Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC).

The GMAC has seized a hard drive that was used to administer the site and is going after any topscore.com users that it finds. The GMAC has stated it will do the following to anyone caught using, disclosing, or accessing any “real GMAT questions”:

Cancel any GMAT scores
    Disallow the individual from taking the GMAT again
    Notify member business schools
    Consider civil or criminal prosecution

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keymaster

To build on what David said, and for the good of all this board’s users, please do not discuss any of the topscore.com GMAT questions here.

cashmore
    Participant

So if thousands of high scores are being canceled, shouldn’t everyone elses scores be adjusted as well? I would think that everyone elses score should actually be higher than they really are. Is this being discussed?

christina ashmore

Hi Christina,

Excellent question! I haven’t heard anything about the GMAC doing that, so my guess is that they won’t.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.