Home Forums Medical School MCAT MCAT of 15!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kameryk2
    Participant

I went through my interview process and was accepted into Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine school. While awaiting my MCAT scores the acceptance to a wait list from the school arrived. I have been offered placement in the class of 2008, if I do not get through the wait list this year. Yesterday, I received my scores, I totally bombed! On the practice tests, I was at a 21 and got a 15 on the real thing. I am still reeling from this. What if anything can someone offer as advice on what to tell the school. Should I release my scores and risk total rejection? Should I send my scores and let them know I have signed up for the Intensive Kaplan Prep Course with a retake of the MCATs in August? Please help![V]
    PS This was my first MCATs and I was taking Physics for the first time and got an A! My undergraduate school GPA was 3.3.

migq58
    Participant

Telling them that you are retaking the exam always helps. That is what I heard. Don’t feel bad, I am pretty sure they would understand. If they don’t, you can always take some time off to focus on studying on the MCAT and get a better score!! I am taking the MCAT in 7 days and I’m pretty sure I’ll bomb it as well, but I plan to take some time off sometime to study intesnivly because becoming a Doctor is the whole purpose! good luck!
    [:I]

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.