Home Forums MBA Admission Unusual background for MBA applicant

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    laura
    Participant

Hi,

I am a girl from Italy, 27 this year, I work for a leading IT company in the localization field (release of software in international markets) and applying to an MBA program is my key to be able to become one day a leader in this complex yet exciting field.

I studied translation and conference interpreting at an Italian universisty, and I received a BA/MA in conference interpreting to and from Italian, English, Russian and Spanish, completing exams in Russia, Spain, and US top-notch universities.

I have accumulated almost 2 years of working experience for one of the best company in the Silicon Valley and I have interesting leadership episodes to tell, both at my company and from when I worked as an interpreter.

My graduation and GMAT score are not the highest, but decent, and, as you might guess, my job does not require especially advanced
    quantitative skills.

Can I hope to get MBA admission people’s attention?

Thank you so much for your help!

RevRockSteady
    Participant

where are you thinking of applying?

laura
    Participant

I am thinking of Haas School of Business, but I am open to suggestions for other schools that might be more of a fit for my background

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.