Home Forums Medical School MCAT Low MCAT score-Help!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    pl4DOwannabe
    Participant

Hi everyone.I want to apply to med schools,particularly DO schools.My MCAT score was 170.Any advice

djo12
    Participant

Hi,

I am someone who took the MCAT so I would really really recommend that you take as many practice exams as possible. When I first took a practice exam I got a 14. When I kept practicing and took about 10, I was up to a 34! On the actual MCAT exam day, I scored a 31 (Bio -11, Verbal 10, Phys Sciences -10). I always thought I was a horrible test taker but practice really counts.

This is what I would recommend to you.

Retake your MCAT exam and start studying 3 months before. On weekdays cram material and practice verbal passages. Every weekend, try taking a practice MCAT exam. And afterwards, don’t just look at your score. Go over EVERY SINGLE wrong answer, and understand why the correct answer is correct. I believe this is what helped me score above 30.

I would also recommend to you to try to take Kaplan and Princeton practice exams. These are much harder. The Kaplan physics is so hard, that when you take the real AMCAS exams you will be breezing.

Best of luck to you! You can do it– just believe in yourself. Let me know how it turns out,

Deva

quote:

Originally posted by pl4DOwannabe

Hi everyone.I want to apply to med schools,particularly DO schools.My MCAT score was 170.Any advice

Rita Sahai

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.