Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    wolverine
    Participant

After Ohio State head football coach Jim Tressel dies and enters the pearly gates, God takes him on a tour. He shows Jim a little two bedroom house with a faded O.S.U. banner hanging from the front porch. “This is your house, Coach. Most people don’t get their own house up here”, God says. Jim looks at the house, then turns around and looks at the one setting on top of the hill. It’s a huge two story mansion with white marble columns and little patios under all of the windows. Michigan flags line both sides of the sidewalk and a huge Michigan banner hangs between the marble columns. “Thanks for the house, God. But, let me ask you a question. I get this little two bedroom house with a faded O.S.U. banner and Lloyd Carr gets a mansion with new Michigan banners flying all over the place. “Why is that?” God looks at him seriously for a moment and says, “Carr is not dead, that’s my house!”

GO BLUE

Posc
    Participant

OK but not great. Looks like a insert your team and rival’s name joke.

All or nothing

y82benji
    Participant

I think this joke actually started between Florida (taking the place of Michigan) and Florida State (taking the place of Ohio State) along with the alliterative slogan “God is a Gator fan.”

bhamnt
    Participant

You might be right y82, but I bet everyone takes credit for the origins of this one. In northern CA they probably claim it started between Berkeley and Stanford, in AL between Bama and Auburn.

umh01
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by bhamnt

You might be right y82, but I bet everyone takes credit for the origins of this one. In northern CA they probably claim it started between Berkeley and Stanford, in AL between Bama and Auburn.

I know only 4 people outside Florida care but this has been used as a Miami FSU joke. Change the names of the teams and add that God’s house sits wide right from the top of the hill. It’s been around for a while too because when I first heard it God explained to Bobby Bowden that Butch Davis was still alive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.