Home Forums Medical School MCAT Prep course or no prep course

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    skocica
    Participant

I am preparing to sit on the August MCAT. However, it has been a while (10 years) since I had organic chemistry and physics (graduated from college in 1996). I am really debating if I should invest so much money into a prep course or if I should try studying on my own. I can motivate myself, but I do have limited hours in a day when I can study. Any suggestions?

migq58
    Participant

Well… In my opinion… I think you should study the thing on your own. You still have your Bio and Chem books right? It maybe hard if you haven’t studying it since 10years ago, but you may remember the important topics that your teachers emphasized during lecture…
    But I am very cheap…. so I won’t pay extra money for a course.

djo12
    Participant

I think that as long as your are disciplined and take a lot of practice tests on your own as if it were the real MCAT exam, you will be fine. This is what I did without a prep course and it worked out for me.

Good luck!

quote:

Originally posted by migq58

Well… In my opinion… I think you should study the thing on your own. You still have your Bio and Chem books right? It maybe hard if you haven’t studying it since 10years ago, but you may remember the important topics that your teachers emphasized during lecture…
    But I am very cheap…. so I won’t pay extra money for a course.

Rita Sahai

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.