Home Forums College Admission Deffered

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cutebunnyusagi
    Participant

I applied to the University of Florida through the early decision option. When I received my decision letter in the mail, it stated that the office of admissions deffered my application into the regular decision pool. I have a 1220 SAT score a 3.45 unweighted GPA and I have taken all honors classes. I don’t understand how I didn’t get in. Should I kiss going to UF good-bye? Are my chances now dramatically lower? What can I do to influence this school that I am the right choice?

sarahernandez
    Participant

You should not kiss your chances of admission to the University of Florida good-bye. UF is an excellent state university making its admissions process very competitive. Therefore, like many universities, there is not a guarantee of admission. Students applying under the early decision program can receive one of three decisions – admission, refusal, or a deferment. Although you were not admitted, the fact your application was deferred for a second review during the regular admission process is a strong indicator that the admissions committee is still interested in your application.

My advice is to keep the university updated on any of your new accomplishments such as recent awards, new standardized test scores, etc. In addition, it is critical that you complete this semester with the highest grades possible. You may also want to consider writing a brief statement to the admissions committee thanking them for their continued interest in your application. In this statement, reaffirm your continued interest in the university. This will make the admissions committee aware of your continued strong interest in the university and your commitment to attend if admitted under the regular decision program.

If you would like to work with one of our consultants, please use the link below to contact AdmissionsConsultants.

Take Care,
    Sara

AdmissionsConsultants

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.