Home Forums Medical School Miscellaneous DUI and medical school

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brklong
    Participant

Can an OWI misdemenor charge take you out of the running for medical school! I am trying my hardest to get in and I don’t want this one time mistake to detour me from getting into medical school!
    Does anyone have any advice!

Trust in the Lord

CityMed
    Participant

I would think if you were charged with a dwi/dwi it would hinder your chances at a job. I know it did for some girls that were trying to get into our nursing school. I know they checked for such charges when I applied for paramedic school, no more than 2 speeding tickets within a 5 year period & not a single dwi charge EVER.
    Why would we pick someone who is that irresponsible to take care of the injured?? I know some people learn from these mistakes but, as I learned in statistics, about 80% end up with another dwi charge within 10 years.
    With the shortage as it is now, I doubt theyd look twice though.

osin83
    Participant

Has anybody found any solid answer to the question? I am in the same situation and am very depressed taht all my hard work over the last few years, and my whole life, might be all to waste

brandonw_395
    Participant

I don’t have hte answer, but getting any kind of conviction when you are going for something as competitive and selective as medical school is giving yourself a big disadvantage. Adn that’s a big disadvantage when competing against so many talented applicants. Even if your MCAT and GPA were stellar.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.