Home Forums Law School Admission Admission question for R. Post

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    adr02
    Participant

Ms. Post,

I have recently started researching the prospect of attending law school. I graduated in 1997 with a relatively low GPA (2.96) in Mechanical Engineering from the US Naval Academy. I am interested in applying to law schools for the fall semester of 2006 (still have 3 years left to serve in the Navy). By the time I apply I will have served over 8 years as a Navy Pilot and I am a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom. I am planning on putting a lot of effort into preparing for and doing well on the LSAT. Will some of the “unique” qualities of my application help offset my low GPA, or am I wasting my time? Thanks for your help.

Aaron

rpost
    Participant

Aaron,

Thank you for your inquiry. In short, yes, your experiences will mitigate to a point your undergraduate record. Keep in mind that it will be the entire application package that makes the difference not simply one (or two) factors.

If you have further questions, please feel free post on the ‘Ask Admissions Consultants’ thread or email lawschool@admissionsconsultants.com to sign up for a pre admission session.

Best of luck,
    Renee

AdmissionsConsultants

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.