Home Forums MBA Miscellaneous The 'obsolete' model of economics taught in b-school

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

A few different applicants have brought yesterday’s article in Times Higher Education to our attention about a call for MBA programs to ditch their ‘obsolete’ model of economics for one that accounts for climate change.

We’re not going to claim to be climate change experts, but the current model does address costs such as taxes and fines as well as tax credits. We also believe that, like most things taught in b-school, it is versatile enough to adapt to the constantly changing business environment. Finally, perhaps I’m rushing to judgment, but the individual so vocally advocating the climate change agenda is the Director of Education at Climate-KIC, an EU-funded public-private partnership that focuses on environmental issues. While I applaud him for doing his job, I can’t help but wonder at the same time if he’s completely impartial.

What do you guys think of that article? It does seem to have generated a good bit of buzz.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

LIMITED TIME SPECIAL! Order our new business school guide from Amazon.com and deduct $25 from any of our services!

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.