Home Forums College Miscellaneous Professor let students choose their own grades to reduce stress

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wow, Nick 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

Last night, I saw an article on Campus Reform purporting that a University of Georgia Terry College of Business professor had allowed his students to select their own grade if they so chose with no questions asked and opt out of group work and be graded on their individual work if the group made them uncomfortable in any way. As you might imagine, I was a bit skeptical and thought that perhaps this was being misreported in some way.

So, imagine our surprise today when UGA confirmed the report contained the professor’s “actual words.” Before you get too worked up about this, however, please note that the university did clarify their grading policy through the following statement:

“I want you to know that the syllabus did not conform with the University’s rigorous expectations and policy regarding academic standards for grading. I have explained this discrepancy to the professor, and he has removed the statement from his syllabus. Rest assured that this ill-advised proposal will not be implemented in any Terry classroom.

The University of Georgia upholds strict guidelines and academic policies to promote a culture of academic rigor, integrity and honesty. These are core values of the institution.”

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

eladron
    Participant

Ridiculous

Wow, Nick
    Participant

This certainly helps explains the millenial entitlement attitude.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.