Home Forums College Rankings NYU to Ignore Common Application "Checkbox"

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  diamondr 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

New York University announced that it will begin ignoring the common application “checkbox” about criminal and disciplinary history and instead focus on the more narrowly defined question on the NYU supplmental that queries if the applicant has been “convicted of or disciplined for violent incidents.” NYU believes this will better help the school keep its campus safe while also allowing second chances to worthy applicants as the school continues to pursue its goal of being “an engine for social mobility.”

It will be interesting to see if other schools follow NYU’s lead. We believe that will be dependent on (1) how applicants and their families respond to this decision and (2) any litigation that could potentially emerge should a second-chance applicant commit an offense on campus.

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

Dominic Sandstorm
    Participant

I don’t see how there’s any difference in liability if the student had a clean background.

biglab
    Participant

I can’t wait to see what type of diversity perspective these students bring. Their protests will likely make Berkeley look mainstream.

karan75
    Participant

Blue state

diamondr
    Participant

here’s hoping my sophomore doesn’t consider this school

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares