Home Forums Medical School Miscellaneous Homophobia in medical school

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joshua Mack 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone!

Slate had an interesting article about homophobia in medical schools. It discusses some of the slow evolution toward more widespread acceptance of LBGTQ students.

It’s a relatively quick read and we highly recommend it for any prospective LBGTQ applicants. (We encourage these applicants to consider additional resources on this topic as well.)

While I don’t feel I can personally opine on this topic, I would like to throw out that many instructors are “hired” because they are very proficient at either performing complex operations and/or securing grant funding. They’re essentially “rock stars” to their institutions and tend to be granted a bit more leeway in regards to their behavior. (Thanks for not “shooting the messenger”!)

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    President
    AdmissionsConsultants, Inc.
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

AdmissionsConsultants

Keep up with us on:

admissionsconsultants.com facebook page

admissionsconsultants.com twitter page

admissionsconsultants.com youtube channel

admissionsconsultants.com pinterest

admissionsconsultants.com google +

admissionsconsultants.com newsletter

Joshua Mack
    Participant

Newsflash: If you go to med school and decide to play the role of SJW, it’s going to backfire. The healthcare industry isn’t the same nurturing environment as the typical undergrad campus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares