Home Forums MBA Admission Recommendation letter for LBS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    prasoon
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m planning to apply for London Business School. As part of my references I had collated common questions and sent it to my referees. I had sent them a list of guidelines mentioning that wherever possible give instances. However, when I sent the LBS reference letter they claim the space is too little for them to write what they have prepared. On looking at the reference letter for LBS I did notice that they give very little space to write recommendation. However, places like INSEAD, IMD etc say that a separate sheet is to be used.

Should I ask my referees to cut down the length of the recommendations for LBS?

Another question that is bogging me down is that I had originally asked a Partner from a Big 5 consulting firm where I used to work to be my referee. However, he had to go overseas on an urgent assignment and will not be able to do it. I have now asked a manager to do the same for me. Both of them know me equally well. Do you think it matters who is writing.

Would greatly appreciate your response.
    -PR

Hi PR and thanks for your inquiry.

Hi,
    I’m planning to apply for London Business School. As part of my references I had collated common questions and sent it to my referees. I had sent them a list of guidelines mentioning that wherever possible give instances. However, when I sent the LBS reference letter they claim the space is too little for them to write what they have prepared. On looking at the reference letter for LBS I did notice that they give very little space to write recommendation. However, places like INSEAD, IMD etc say that a separate sheet is to be used.

Should I ask my referees to cut down the length of the recommendations for LBS?

You can always call LBS if you think it will be an issue to cut down the length of the recommendation. LBS has certainly shown some flexibility over the years. However, they do want the recommendation confined to the space they provided. I talked to some of our consultants before applying to this thread (they know more about admissions than I do) and they indicated none of their clients have encountered difficulties with adhering to the space requirements. Before calling LBS, you may want to re-examine your letters of reference for any extraneous verbiage.

Another question that is bogging me down is that I had originally asked a Partner from a Big 5 consulting firm where I used to work to be my referee. However, he had to go overseas on an urgent assignment and will not be able to do it. I have now asked a manager to do the same for me. Both of them know me equally well. Do you think it matters who is writing.

If both of these recommenders know you equally well and they are equally favorable about your candidacy, then it won’t matter which one writes the recommendation.

Would greatly appreciate your response.

No problem! [:)]

-PR

Best of luck with your applications!

Sincerely,

David Petersam
    DPetersam@admissionsconsultants.com

Admissions committee experience from the top b-schools

AdmissionsConsultants

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.