Home Forums College ACT Best ACT course?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    cookie
    Participant

I am a junior and I think I can use a prep course. Who has recomendations on who I should use?

Thanks!! [:X]

sarahernandez
    Participant

Which ACT prep course is better mostly depends on the individual taking the course. It is not the role of AdmissionsConsultants to advocate for one test prep agency over another. Before you choose a test prep agency, spend a little time on their web sites and reviewing their written materials. This may give you a general idea of the teaching style of the agency, which in turn will allow you to assess whether or not their teaching style matches your learning style.

The method in which you receive your test prep can vary. Your choices include self-preparation via a study guide, group preparation via an actual course in your community, mixed group and individual preparation via an online course, or exclusive individual preparation via one-on-one tutoring. You and your parents will need to decide which of these options would be best suited for you,your learning style, and your budget.

AdmissionsConsultants

Turbonium
    Participant

I would go for Princeton Review…their materials are way better, and their approach is easier to follow and use. I have their regular ACT book and it’s awesome.

jabroni
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by Turbonium

I would go for Princeton Review…their materials are way better, and their approach is easier to follow and use. I have their regular ACT book and it’s awesome.

The book is good but I have firends who took the course and said the book was better htan the course.

strawberry
    Participant

I took the SAT and me and my friends thought Kaplan was better than Princeton Review. Hope this helps!

y82benji
    Participant

A whole course is a lot of money. Mostly they just provide a way for you to make sure you’ll study. Unless you are in bad shape and really need help, just going through the materials on your own would be cheaper and easier. http://www.act.org offers a lot of prep materials too, and those are straight from the source!

strawberry
    Participant

I went with a tutor for the SAT and thought it was more than just a way to study. I thought I learned some good tricks and did better tahn I could have with only a book.

yazi
    Participant

I assume strawberry took a Kaplan tutor. I recommend a tutor who has been doing it for a while and works on their own. Probably cheaper than Kaplan or Princeton Review.

Mo was a pedophile and nothing more!

y82benji
    Participant

I guess as long as you have a good tutor, that’s what matters, more so than for whom they work.

taruns
    Participant

He’s right. Doesn’t matter who the tutor works for as long as they are good.[^]

Posc
    Participant

Of course he’s right. I don’t tghink y82benji has ever been wrong. [:o)]

Trying to think of a catchy phrase.

theoneandonly
    Participant

the real act teut guide is a good book. also the PR book is good.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.