Home Forums Medical School Admission Low GPA…applying for medical school

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tehreem
    Participant

I have a 3.253 cumulative GPA at University of Michigan and a 2.75 science GPA. I have not taken the MCAT yet and will be taking a year off between undergrad and med school. I am worried that my chances of getting into medical school won’t be very high, considering the fact that my GPA is not very great. I got a C- in Orgo 2 and mostly Bs or B-s in my science classes. I took a diagnostic MCAT in my sophomore year of college (Im a senior now) and I got a 17. I’ve been doing research since freshmen year of college. I know GPA is a big factor when it comes to applying for med school. Should I consider DO schools over MD when applying? Any thoughts would be helpful!

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Tehreem and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I would encourage you to NOT take the MCAT until you are certain you will get a score that you need. (Taking the MCAT multiple times is frowned upon.)

With your GPA, you may need an alternate transcript. For a more expert answer however, I encourage you to post this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. Be sure to click Reply to Thread and not New Topic.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares