Home Forums College Admission admission

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 4 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

marie23c
    Participant

I have a concern, what do you think my chances of getting accepted into Duke or Cornell if I transfer after two years of college? Being considered that I have a low SAT score (1300) and I didn’t have enough chance to take more than 3 AP classes because we just moved in the US 3 yrs ago. However, my college GPA is above 4.5, I am the president and founder of one of my university’s organization, I currently work at the hospital as full time nurse assistant, and I have about 300 hours of community service, and I have also received district, state, and national awards. Do I have a shot? or my SAT score will keep the admission staff on reviewing the rest of my application? Thank you :)

mod
    Keymaster

Hi marie23c and welcome to Admissions Boards!

If you want a more informed answer, I would encourage you to repost this to the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. Be sure to click “Reply to Topic” and not “New Topic.”

My answer, however, is that you go for it. The grades look fine and what do you have to lose?

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares