Home Forums Medical School Admission What are my chances?!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

cablackf
    Participant

I am aware of these tedious, “What are my chances?” posts, however this helps those inexperienced few determine when, if and how to apply for medical school.

My cGPA is 3.67, scienceGPA is 3.7. I have a Bachelors in Microbiology with a minor in Spanish. I scored a 27 on my MCAT and I want to retake but that will be the third time. My ECs include the Civil Air Patrol, Community Emergency Response Team, Search and Rescue ops with Maricopa Sheriffs office and ER volunteer and following. I have lead national Air force Auxiliary receiving the rank of 1st Lieutenant after 3 years and was awarded command of my volunteer unit.

So what are my chances of getting into MD schools? I am aware the 27 is bad and I will probably consider retaking, however if I am unable I wish to apply soon. I know DO is an option but I want the MD, not because of the discrimination topic but simply because I may want to move to Australia with friends where DOs are not recognized. Please provide insight to what schools to apply, in the US unless you think Caribbean is the only option. Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. [:D]
    Please excuse the slaughter of grammar, this was sent via Droid.

mod
    Keymaster

Hi and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I wouldn’t recommend retaking the MCAT unless you are extremely confident you score at least a few points higher. If you have good shadowing, I would think you should have a chance at some of the lower ranked MD schools.

However, if you want a better and more expert opinion, I would recommend you repost this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. Be sure to click Reply to Topic and not New Topic.

Best of luck with your applications!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares