Home Forums Medical School Admission Puzzled Undergrad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

achehouri11
    Participant

Hello, I am nearing the end of my undergrad career, and looking to apply to medschool with in the next year. Since my GPA is not good at all, I’m and looking at a 2.85 cumulative with a 3.0 cumulative science GPA. I have about 2-3 semesters left in my undergrad and right on track for graduation. Since I dont fit the criteria for regular med school, I was thinking to apply to a BMS program at WSU. But with my credentials, I’m not sure if I can get into the BMS program. I plan to take the MCAT this summer. Do I have a chance still? I couldnt find where the requirements on their website for this program is, and with searching online I was lead to this website and thought it may be some help.
    I also have several years volunteering at Karmanos Caner Institute, and the Burgers Center for the Autistic.

Thanks in Advance for you help!!

achehouri

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Acehouri and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I would take the course work before sitting for the MCAT because that will help you improve your score and you need the course work anyway. Contact the school to find out the criteria and take the course work there or some other place to boost the GPA. Then you can take the MCAT more efficiently.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares