Home Forums Medical School Admission My dtr ‘s med school app 2nd cycle

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Yujn
    Participant

My dtr went to Top tier technical college w honors in bioengineering, GPA 3.6. Mcat
    of 33,36, 38, research experience and free clinic experience. Last yr, she applied md/phd & md, interviewed at 2 SUNY , and got MD interviews at MCW, st Louis , LLU. THis yr applied to 20 mid tier private & state schools, 1 interview at Albany, rejected. Nothing else. We are Calif residents. She is currently scribing in a ER.

What do you you think is the problem and solution? Is it too low GPA, personal statement, not enough clinical experience.

At this point, should we just keep scribing , post bac, reapply in 2 yrs, go osteopathic, or something else? I am aware of the UCI Hope, Drexel, Case, Chicago, Loyola, Westerm programs.

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Yujn and welcome to Admissions Boards!

This is a good question. For the best answer, I suggest you repost this to the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. They can give you a far better answer than I can. Be sure to click “Reply to Thread” and not “New Thread.”

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares