Home Forums MBA Miscellaneous Bschool censorship

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    mattie
    Participant

When I look at published alumni lists, they always show lots of strategy consultants and Ibankers with a few F500 execs tossed in for good measure.

These schools graduate hundreds of students a year. What about the alumni that get deadended in middle management. Do HBS, Stanford, etc intentionally omit these alumni or are they too embarassed to contact the schools with updated career info?

I suspect there is probably some of both.

keenomacdaddy
    Participant

B school is a business just like any ohter business. They share success stories and try to cover up failures.

Maybe if I dont get in I’ll write rankings based on alumni in jail bankruptcy and rehab. [}:)]

zoghead
    Participant

censorship is alive and well in the free world…

hercules
    Participant

WOuldnt surprise me any.

Posc
    Participant

WHAT?!?!?! Say it ain’t so!?!?! The next thing out of your mouth will likely be that my favorite band Milli Vanilli lip sycnhed their songs! [:(]

quote:

Originally posted by zoghead

censorship is alive and well in the free world…

All or nothing

zach
    Participant

Look how much honesty the gate keepers (admission) people have. How could you expect truth to thrive there?

ahua
    Participant

I woulnd’t mind seeing such a list for some of these schools. Where did you find it?

kbak717
    Participant

It wouldn’t be as newsworthy asthe mutual fund scandal, but it probably happens all the time

I’m voting for Gary Coleman

liyuns
    Participant

Yes, it happens. I just think they are a bit more slick about it than ISB. (I’m referring to the interesting ISB thread in the Exec MBA section BTW.)

y82benji
    Participant

As a business, I wouldn’t want my advertisers to publish lots of information about products I sold that didn’t work or that people just weren’t happy with. I’d fire them very quickly. Any and all alumni information is purely about advertising (for donations, grants, and applicants).

fourwalls
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mattie

When I look at published alumni lists, they always show lots of strategy consultants and Ibankers with a few F500 execs tossed in for good measure.

These schools graduate hundreds of students a year. What about the alumni that get deadended in middle management. Do HBS, Stanford, etc intentionally omit these alumni or are they too embarassed to contact the schools with updated career info?

fourwalls
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by mattie

Business schools are run like a business. Thus, of course they edit out failure cases or financial losses. And, it is to their advantage since each student who is lured into going will pay the university about 250K to the coffers. The ugly truth, which universities chose to be silent on– is that the bulk of MBAs and JD people are in TEMP Firms all across the E. coast cities. If this got out, of course applications would plummet, and so would the university coffers. Both degree programs have boosted out far too many of their numbers, which has preciptiously lowered their job opportunity, as well as the income for those who were able to get a job. Universities will never ‘tell,” as this will cost them business. (i.e. students who pay, students who will owe back loans til they’re in their late fifties).

Posc
    Participant

It would be funny if no one takes you seriously.

I know several MBA grads and none of them are broke and owrking for temp firms. I hope no one believes your bogus post.

Trying to think of a catchy phrase.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.