Home Forums Graduate School Admission earth science PhDs

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mod 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

hulker215
    Participant

Hello – I graduate in 2009 from a top 20 liberal arts college with a 2.98 GPA, my first two years were not so great, but I made clear improvements in the last two years when I started taking classes for my major– geology. I received a summer research grant from my college and an NSF grant to participate in a conference related to my area of study. I got into Cornell somehow, and started a PhD there in 2010, but left after a semester where I got an A in my research but a C+ in the class I took — I wasn’t ready for it, or that interested (SUCH A REGRET NOW!). I went and worked in marketing and executive search at reputable companies for several years and decided I wanted to go back to science. I’m currently completing Master’s of Research program at a top UK university (top 5 for earth sciences). My GRE scores are 153V/154Q/4AW. I won’t have any grades from this Master’s until after applications are due for next fall because an MS in England is only one year and we don’t receive marks until February. I have great recommendations, I’ve also been in email contact with some professors from these schools.

I want to apply for PhDs at:

U. Hawaii
    Tulane
    UC Irvine
    UC Riverside
    USC
    UCSC
    SCRIPPS
    Arizona

Do you think I will get into at least one of these schools? Thanks.

mod
    Keymaster

Hi hulker215 and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I see you already posted this on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. They can give you a much better answer than I can.

Best of luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares