Home Forums Graduate School Admission low UGrad GPA

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  campbellronald7 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bmwx6wow
    Participant

Hi,

I have a very low Undergrad GPA of 2.3 in Engineering where I graduate in late 1990’s. I worked at good companies in IT departments for a total of 12 years with senior roles at well-known companies pulling in good $$. I got into a good evening MBA program and completed it about 5 years ago with a 3.3 GPA. Now I am thinking about going back to school for a PhD or maybe a M.S. in Econ or Finance or Computer Science. I just did my GRE and got 162V 156Q and probably at least 5.0 writing.

What are my chances of getting in? I think my GRE Q156 is a little low, and my UGrad GPA is embarrassing (was more interested in partying during UGrad).

Can I get into a top 50 program? Can I not send my UGrad transcript since I have an MBA? Do I retake GRE for a higher quant score?

mod
    Keymaster

Hi and thanks for joining Admissions Boards!

I think you have to report the undergrad transcript but this might be worth reposting on the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. They can give you more expert and detailed answers than me. Be sure to click “Reply to Topic” and not “New Topic.”

Best of luck!

campbellronald7
    Participant

I can’t say for sure if you’ll be able to get into a top 50 school. That said, I think your work experience speaks for itself and is far more extensive than most other applicants. I was worried about my undergrad GPA when I applied to business schools, but ended up getting into
    Babson College, I think partly because I had a very above-average GMAT. Maybe try taking a GMAT instead of a GRE?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares