Home Forums College International International Transfer from Malaysia

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  aznbr 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

hailo
    Participant

Hi,

I am a university student from Malaysia with a 2.85CGPA majoring in engineering(most probably specializing in civil or mechanical(power engineering). I am taking an American Degree Transfer Programme in my country which follows the 2+2 system. I have completed 64 credits including calculus, chemistry, physics, in which my average grade is mostly B’s. I know that the CGPA and grades i’m getting are below the average for an engineering student. My programme requires me to transfer to a university in US to complete my degree and I was wondering what universities would accept below average CGPA. I have done my research and come up with a list of universities.

Purdue
    Ohio State
    Univerisity of Florida
    Iowa State
    SUNY- Buffalo
    North Carlonia State
    Arizona State
    Colorado- Boulder
    Missouri-Columbia

My most preferred choice would be Arizona State but if there are other better options which I would have a shot at getting in to I would gladly look it up. Thanks for your help in advance!

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Hailo and welcome to AdmissionsBoards!

I see you reposted this question to the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread and you have already received a reply there.

Best of luck with your transfer!

dnm02
    Participant

Hi,

You should do as much research as you can on the schools. Don’t assume they are all alike adn reach out and talk to students and alumni.

Goodluck!

aznbr
    Participant

Hi,

There are plenty of Malays in the US. Reach out to some through Facebook or LinkedIn.

Best of luck!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares