Home Forums College Admission Advice

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  blackmaching 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sunshine21
    Participant

I’m a senior in high school, it’s my last semester, and I can honestly say I’m completely stressed out. This being said, all I’m asking for is something to give me hope I have a GPA of a 2.2, and I’m sure when colleges look at my transcript all they see is a lazy student that fooled around in her four years of high school. However that’s not true, I have Sickle Cell Disease, and about three times a year I get admitted to a hospital for about a month. See in reality I’m not lazy, I try my hardest and believe it or not I succeeded in what I have attempted to do. I have brought 20’s up to 70’s and 80’s and I’m proud of myself, my families proud of me, but those are people that love me, colleges don’t know my experiences, and I doubt they care. My top colleges are Albany State University, Savannah State University, and Fort Valley State University, they all need a GPA of about a 2.2 and yes, I can say I have that ,but what makes me any special from anybody else. I feel as if colleges want somebody who exceeds their expectations, and I’m not sure I do, my GPA consist of Math: 480 Critical Reading : 480 they require an SAT score of Math:400 Critical Reading: 430, I have two years of honors Lit and one year of A.P Psychology, my extra curriculum activities consist of Students Against Destructive Decision, Prom Committee, and FCCLA. People tell me I should try a community college first, but for once in my life I want to do, what I want to do. I rather not let my illness hold me back forever, and although there is nothing wrong with community college, it’s just something I really want to do . I have gotten a lot better now that I have gotten older, due to the fact that, it tends to affect you more at a younger age. So, now that I have given you some of my background information, my question is what are my chances of getting into my colleges of choice? What should I do to make my chances higher in getting into a college?

gavind
    Participant

Any news here? vbulletin-smile.gif

Two for the Money vbulletin-smile.gif

blackmaching
    Participant

Its better to be stressed out. Now concentrate totally on your last semester. Of course you should focus on higher studies, but all this will follow with a good result. Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares