Home Forums Graduate School Admission Apply to MBA program w/ no work experience?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chaaarliship 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jennifer37
    Participant

I am a returning college student and will be finishing my bachelors degree in general studies, May 2012. Is it a bad idea to apply to MBA programs right after graduation with little to no related work experience?
    There is an MBA program at the university I am currently attending. It is required that students w/ undergraduate degrees unrelated to business take one full semester of graduate work before entering the MBA program. No work experience is needed. On the other hand, it is not a highly ranked program. I want to be able to do my job well and have good prospects of career advancement. Should I work for a while before trying to earn my MBA or go ahead apply?
    Thank you for the answers.

mod
    Keymaster

Hi Jennifer37 and welcome to Admissions Boards!

I encourage you to post this to the Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread in the MBA section as they can give you a much more informed answer than I can.

Best of luck!

wellsronald18
    Participant

I agree about posting your question in Ask AdmissionsConsultants thread. But to answer your question, its always advisable to have some sort of work experience before applying the MBA Program. All the best!

campbellronald7
    Participant

Don’t skip the work experience before going for your MBA. Make sure to research each business school curriculum and see what their policies are on experience. I went to a business school after interning, and don’t think I would have succeeded had it not been for that experience.

pinkgirlcollections
    Participant

You can still get into a good MBA program without working experience if your other credential is very strong; however, the problem is that you might not know exactly what you want to pursue in career, so you won’t be able to maximize the benefit of a MBA program. It’s much better to have work experience.

chaaarliship
    Participant

HELLO
    i went to a MBA Collage after interning . You can immobile find into a high-quality MBA curriculum without effective experience .

—————–

MAGNETIC SCIENCE FUN

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares