Home Forums MBA GMAT G-day on 28th Jan-Advice Required

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  beagleboy 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

beagleboy
    Participant

Hello all,
    I am taking the GMAT on 28th January and a little nervous about doing well.So was browsing through the internet and came across this great forum.
    I’d be glad if anyone here can please guide me.
    I am good at Maths ,so don’t have to worry about that,but Verbal is giving me sleepless nights.I have done Sentence correction but my accuracy is just 70% and it has hit the wall .Not moving above that. Similarly, my accuracy on RC is not all that great.What should I do ?

MBAPrincess
    Participant

Have you taken any kind of class or gotten a tutor? When you hit a wall like that and can’t seem to improve there is probably some concept that you just aren’t getting, and a tutor can figure out what that is and teach it to you.

ivyaspirant
    Participant

I think what is important in sentence correction is to analyze your mistakes diligently. It doesn’t matter whether you have 70% accuracy or 90% accuracy on the questions you do,but rather what is important is that what did you learn from the questions which you got wrong. If you’d have learnt from each question which you got correct, your accuracy is automatically going to shoot up. And I say that because I have a 740(44,48) on the GMAT. Even I didn’t have all that accuracy when I was preparing but I ensured that I analyzed each question as minutely as possible.

Regarding RC, I think it is a lot about practice. There are a few strategies and a lot of practice to be done. Try to observe yourself while reading the passage. What is your concentration level like ? How much of the data do you skim ? How do you go about solving the questions etc ?
    In short, if you observe yourself a lot,and are able to spot the pitfalls where you keep on falling, I think you’ll consciously try to avoid such kind of mistakes next time.
    Hope that helps[:)]

beagleboy
    Participant

Thanks guys for your inputs. I am sorry. I just kind of vanished after my first post. I rescheduled the exam from 28th Jan to 5th April as I realized on time that I wasn’t prepared for the exam. This time aroud I think that I’ll be able to get a good score.Fingers crossed.

ivyaspirant
    Participant

You were supposed to take the test today,right ? How did it go ?

beagleboy
    Participant

Took the test today and am absolutely happy. Scored a 720(Q-47,V-41). I was aiming for a 700+ and am elated that I have been able to achieve the desired score.

ivyaspirant
    Participant

Great! That’s an awesome score. With this score, you shouldn’t have a problem applying to any top business school. Why don’t you write a post about your preparation strategy so that others can benefit too?

beagleboy
    Participant

Thanks.Okay,I’ll write about my experience. It should hopefully be able to help others!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares