Home Forums MBA Admission IT to Non-profit

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    isa81
    Participant

Hi,

I would like to have your opinion about my situation. Thanks in advance.

I’m preparing the essays for top 5 schools and I’m having a big trouble explaining my career goals post MBA. I believe I have a strong profile: female, international (WEurope), very high GMAT/GPA, international experience in several continents, strong extra curricular, etc.

In fact, although I got a Master in Computer Science and I have been working in IT in a big Investment Bank, what really motivates me is the non-profit world, social entrepreneurship, and so on. I also like IT but applied to something different than finances (for example). During college, I spend several years doing community service and I loved it.

– Could be this goal put on the line my application? I’m worried because I don’t want Adcoms to ding me because they don’t understand why I spent many years of my life studying/working in a field/industry that doesn’t really passionate me.
    – How would you make the link in the essays between my highly technical studies/work experience, and the fact of wanting to switch to non profit, social entrepreneurship, etc?.
    – Is there any way to use my IT experience in the non profit world?
    – Lets say that my long term goals are the ones described above, which short term position could make the transition?

Great thanks for your thoughts.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.