Home Forums Medical School International lots of questions…need advice!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    slarveson27
    Participant

I graduated with an accounting degree in 2006 and starting in 2007 fall, I have been doing pre-med classes to get into med school. The problem is my first 2 years (70 credits and some retaken classes). They were easy classes but all in all i had a 2.68 (not counting the 3 or so retaken classes). I then went to a university in northern utah and graduated with a 3.48 and a 2.98 combined GPA (from both schools). I knew it would be tough considering my grades but I’ve since taken all the required pre-med classes as well as genetics, physiology, and anatomy with a science GPA of 3.8+. I’ve also been doing volunteer work in the community, medically related, and doctor shadowing regularly for the past 2 years. What are my chances of getting into a US med school considering all of the above? Its obvious that i could have done alot better on the easy classes that i got bad grades in at the first of my college career and i know they consider that but what are my chances? would it be better to get into one of the top ranked caribbean schools or a D.O. here in the states? How hard is it to get into a decent residency for a U.S. D.O. compared to a top ranked caribbean school MD?

Jeremy Utah

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.