Home Forums MBA Executive MBA Will I get in?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jbmcleod03
    Participant

Hi,
    I originally posted this in another thread, but this one seems more appropriate. I am a 29 year old and graduated from Texas A&M University in 2003 My cumulative undergraduate GPA was awful (2.5) but i worked full time in addition to a full course load and i was the primary care giver to my only parent who was very ill. He also just so happened to pass away in the middle of my senior year. I completely put myself through college and managed to finish with zero debt. I my first 5 years out of school I was an area manager for a furniture company. Had lots of duties and managed lots of people, involved in all the finances, managed a budget, yada yada. Went to work in the oil and gas industry almost 2 years ago as an manufacturing operations manager. I manage a budget of 50 million, manage lots of people, currently leading a team of management through an ERP implementation.
    My question is: I am applying for admission to the EMBA programs at the Mays Business School (TX A&M) and the Bauer College of Business (University of Houston), I have written excellent essays including the additional essay which I chose to explain all of the adversity I faced while working towards my undergrad degree. Do you think I will get in to either?
    Thank you for any insight you can give.
    PS. I have 8-10 years management experience and my company is going to fully fund My tuition for my EMBA.

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Still have not heard anything yet, although I hope to hear something soon. I had a pre-application interview with the asst. director of admissions that went well. He suggested I make some changes to my resume and suggested that I also write the optional essay for my application. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best. Did you set up a pre-application review?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

By the way, are you in the energy sector?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

No i was not there. You here anything yet?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

hear anything? sorry for the mispelling….

jbmcleod03
    Participant

I ended up not submitting to Bauer, as I reaaly didn’t have the desire to go anywhere except for Mays. As a former student of TAMU, you tend to get jaded and opt to stay within the institution. I hope to hear something form Mays soon though.

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Well, it seems congratulations are in order. Great accomplishment! Just out of curiousity, what does your profile look like? GPA, work history, accomplishments, etc…

jbmcleod03
    Participant

How should I expect to be notified for an interview? phone? email?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Good luck…You’ll do great!

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Congrats on the good interview. I got an invitation to attend a sit in for next saturdays class. I RSVP’d for the 9am session. Are you going to go to this?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Ha, I did get that email that they extended the deadlines. Yes, my fist thought was that they dont have enough applicants thus increasing my chances. Still havent heard anything…. I guess it has been just over two weeks since I submitted and less than two weeks since my last of five reccomendations was submitted. I’ve got my fingers crossed!

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Yes, I submitted 5 rec’s. Congratulations! So you were accepted in just under a month since you submitted your application?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Going to the sit in on Saturday’s class at 9am. Are you attending?

jbmcleod03
    Participant

Sri,
    Today I got an invitation to interview!!!!!!! I replied and stated I would like to do May 18th!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.