Home Forums College ACT Recommendations for ACT

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Tim Kolectiv 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Heather 88
    Participant

Hello everyone! My name is Heather, and I want to be a Pathologist. I feel that forensics is a very interesting field, and becoming a pathologist would put me somewhere relatively close to that area, yet I would be in the medical field, if all makes sense. I scored a 15 on the Math, a 13 on the Science, a 13 in the History I think, a 19 in writing, and a 19 in English. I am going to a private institution my first four years of college, or two, if I can get my degree completed in that short amount of time. Does anyone have suggestions, as to how I can improve?

evaholtz
    Participant

My favorite resource for the ACT is The Real ACT Prep Guide.

SteveF
    Participant

The best preparation is to take multiple practice tests. You should simulate test conditions: time yourself, and only take the breaks allowed by the official test. The more you do this, the more comfortable youfll be at the actual test. Itfs definitely worth it to try for a higher score. When you look at the results for your practice tests, notice your weak points, and work on those.

Greeni2
    Participant

The ACT classes are definitely beneficial! Even if you take a one day class on ACT tips, I think that you will notice an immense difference in your scores. They give you little tips for each section, take practice exams, and essentially give you more confidence when you go in for the ACT – which is often half the battle that students face in these types of tests!
    Best of luck!

dimmydimm
    Participant

I have seen all approaches work. Some smart friends self studied and did well. Some other friends got tutors and did well. Guess this doesn’t help much.

Anonymous

Doin somethin in terms of preparation is better then doin nothin

madfox
    Participant

I took it in October. Just used the Real ACT test guide. I studied hard and sacrificed. Nothing more to it.

Fred Wang
    Participant

We are fortunate to have a good tutor who lives near us and has helpe d a lot of kids in our school. She makes sure all of her studetns have a copy of the official guide.

Tim Kolectiv
    Participant

The official guide worked well for our oldest. It’s easy to tell the difference between official and unofficial practice questions.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

shares