Home Forums Medical School International waiting for green card…can I get in?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gmonster
    Participant

Hello,
    I want to apply to medical school in the US but my situation is very unusual and I have a hard time figuring out what my chances are.
    I was actually in medical school in my country (France), in my clinical years. My husband is American and we decided that I should try and finish in the US.
    I have been told by all schools I contacted that I needed an undergraduate degree from a US school to be considered, which I am completing right now (graduating in May after 2 semesters). I am going on to complete a one year Master program in Public Health next year, while I wait for my green card. I’m a resident of Florida.
    My GPA from France, after professional evaluation, is around 3.7. My GPA as an undergraduate in the US is 4.0 (but only 2 semesters or 36 credits). My MCAT score is 33-O. I also took USMLE step 1 and had a score of 99 or 255 (I don’t know if that could help my application at all).
    I am pending permanent resident, I should receive my green card by May 2005 for the latest. I don’t know if I have any chance if I apply before I am actually granted permanent residency. Should I even apply? I’m 95% sure I would get my green card by the time the class of 2005 would enter, but probably not by the deadline for application in December…
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    gmonster

brandonw_395
    Participant

There is nothing stopping you from applying now, but your chances of getting in are about zero. Get that card and your chances will be greatly improved.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.