Home Forums Medical School International Carribean or Hungary?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    asbrooks5
    Participant

I know this post is from 2009 but as a student that is interested in applying to medical school both in the US and Caribbean and as a patient with a very rare condition that has caused me years of suffering I can say that I don’t care at this point where you get your degrees from if you can figure out how to fix the patients issues. I have seen top doctors from children’s Hosp. who completely missed the diagnosis and told me I was faking it, just because he could not find the answer on conventional tests. I alone have done years of research trying to find answers for myself because mutliple doctors wouldn’t look past simple acid reflux. I now have a team of doctors in Colorado where I am not only a patient but am working along beside to come up with the best possible outcome for me. It is not what you got on some stupid test or what school you went to, it is the compasion that you have in your heart to listen to the patient to find out what is really going on and taking the time to find answers. So to the person that posted above I may not ever see your insurance card because I will not graduate from a top US school and that is perfectly fine but when your doctor is telling you that your symptoms are something minor and you end up in the fight for you life because of his ego and lack of compasion just know someone else may have looked outside of the box for you and they may have graduated from a school that is not in your standards. The only good doctor in the world is a doctor that cares!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not convinced Caribbean doctors are better trained at finding answers through non conventional tests. There is a reason those schools are for profit and why they can’t legally open in the US and Canada. If their graduates made superior doctors, those schools would be advertising the he11 out of that fact. Instead, they pursue different marketing strategies.

judgenjury
    Participant

quote:

Originally posted by lax1

I’m not convinced Caribbean doctors are better trained at finding answers through non conventional tests. There is a reason those schools are for profit and why they can’t legally open in the US and Canada. If their graduates made superior doctors, those schools would be advertising the he11 out of that fact. Instead, they pursue different marketing strategies.

If by differnt marketing strategies you mean selling false hope and swindling a lot of students who really were never cut out to practice medicine then yes I agree with you.

It is sad there are people who get MCAT scores in the high teens and delusionally believe they have some entitlement to become licensed doctors.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.